If you have nothing to do, one of the best ways to spend your time is by cooking. You can try lembas bread recipe as the first step. The small size as well as the nutrition makes it a perfect choice of snacks to accompany you in any occasions. Well, this dish is also called as vegan lembas bread.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed.
- A pinch of salt (sea salt)
- 2 tablespoon of white chia seeds, mixed with water.
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of organic coconut oil
- An adequate amount of water
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour (if not, you can use plain flour instead)
- Optional wrapper, Banana leaves is recommended
- Optional twine, cut in your desired length
Baking Instructions for Lembas Bread Recipe:
- Set aside the mixture of chia seeds and water for minutes to the point it turned as a paste gel.
- While waiting for the paste, prepare a large bowl.
- Put together the mashed banana, maple syrup, organic coconut oil, and the previous chia paste into the bowl and blend them carefully until they mixed well.
- After that, add the flour to the mixture. Just a reminder, don’t you over blend the batter because if you do, your bread will be hard to eat later on.
- Leave the batter alone in your refrigerator for about one hour before laying them on the cutting board. Then, roll it until it flattens to a certain level of thickness.
- Cut the batter into square shapes in small size by using a regular knife. To make it as real as the one in the Lord of the Rings movie, draw an ‘X’ across them by using the side of a spoon as your tool.
- Bake them at 3500F.
- After about 25 minutes, cool them off and wrap them by using the leaves and twines.
For your information, some people also call it as waybread recipe. Well, either raisins or strawberries can be a great deal of addition to this dish. They all are full of nutrition on their own and if you prefer sweet taste of lembas bread recipe, then you can also add honey as the topping.